Tuesday, May 18, 2010

#22 DOWNLOADABLE AUDIOBOOKS

I used Ingram to download the book The Accidental,by Ali Smith. I listened to the beginning of the book on a staff computer at Central.







The readers of the story are English. The story is set in England.







I love the accents of the readers, but it does not sound like they rehearsed their reading. It sounds like they are reading the story line by line, without having a few lines memorized here-and-there to give occasional looseness to the story.







On April 27 I put the book on hold, then listened to it on the date of return.







The process was tricky for me. I finally found directions that succeeded. Having been offered a choice between Ingram Media Manager for PC and Ingram Media Manager for OS X, I chose the media manager for pc.







I ran the file. As the file downloaded, I listened to the beginning of the story.







Downloading seems like it could be rewarding. One could sit in the living room and look out the window while a story was told from the computer.







The Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment